SEO is a technique by which we increase the quality and quantity of traffic organically.
- Search Engine Result Page
- A search engine’s website page where set number of results appear after querying by the user
- The results may paid along with organic results.
What are Search Engines?
- A program that searches for and identifies items in a database that correspond to keywords or characters specified by the user, used especially for finding particular sites on the WWW.
- Major Search Engines: Google, Yahoo, Bing, Baidu, Ask etc.
Search Engine Function
- Crawling (Spider/SpinBot)
- Database / Store
What is Keyword?
- A word or concept of great significance.
- A query by the user
- Keywords form part of a Web page’s metadata and help search engines match a page with an appropriate search query.
Types of Keyword?
- Single word keywords
- Multiword keywords
- Long tail keywords / Phrase types
- Location based
- Profitable keywords
- Seasonal keywords
- LSI keywords (Latent Semantic Keywords) http://lsigraph.com/
- Use your mind and categorise the keywords
- From Google / Search Engine
- From Google Keyword Planner Tool
- From different other websites
- Keyword Evolution
- User Google Operator(googleguide.com/advanced_operators_reference.ht ml)
- Searches (look # of searches monthly)
- Relevancy (is the keyword relevant to your business)
- Competition (Are you ready for competition)
- Monitory Value
- Google Trend
Note: Evaluate as per above parameters
Keyword Research Process
On Page Optimization
On Page Optimization
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Keywords
- Keyword Placement
- Meta tag Creation
- Content Optimization
- Internal Linking
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Creating and Uploading Sitemaps
- Title Tags
- Meta Tags
- Anchor Texts
- Alt Tags
- Domain Name
- Title is about Webpage
- The length of title between 55-75 characters
- Focus keyword should be title
- Try to place focus keyword before separator
- Title should have self explanatory
- It works for crawlers not for users.
- Types of meta tags
- Other metatags.org/all_metatags
- Heading of particular information on Web Page
- The length should be between 15 to 65 char
- Heading tags covers in HTML
- H1 to H6
- Text means content on web page.
- Text is not all content placed on web page.
- Use keywords in text / paragraph
- Minimum 300 words should be use in a web page
- The focus keyword density should between 1% – 3%
- Keyword should be placed in the web page URL.
Anchor Tag / Text
- Syntax is: <a> … </a>
- Use for linked text
- Use “title” in anchor tags.
- The title should be for targeted page
- The complete syntax: <a href=http://xyz.com/ title=“XYZ page about”>XYZ</a>
- Use for Image
- Use keywords or product image name
- The image description <img src=“image.jpg” alt=“image description”>
- Content Quality
- Content Quantity
- Content Variety
- Content Readability
- Inbound and Outbound Linking
- Inbound / Internal Linking
- Outbound / External Linking
Steps – Webmaster tool Integration
- Go to Webmaster tool
- Add a property (website)
- Download html file provided by Search console
- Upload the html file to website root folder
- Follow the Instruction on Search Console and Verify
- Message will appear “Congratulations…”
- Open Sitemap Generator (xml-sitemaps.com)
Google Webmaster Tool
- Verify your website by the Google Webmaster tool (webmaster.google.com)
- Create Sitemap.xml from (xml-sitemaps.com)
- robots.txt (create manually)
- User Agent
- Introduced in February 2011
- Meant to stop sites with poor quality content
- It is the most significant spam-fighting algorithms
Google Top Heavy Update
- Launched in January 2012
- To prevent sites those were “top heavy” with ads from ranking well in its listings
- Introduces in April 24, 2012
- To better catch sites deemed to be spamming its search results
- It was a change to Google’s search results that was designed to punish pages that have been spamming Google. (It’s when people do things like “keyword stuffing” that violate Google’s guidelines.)
- Came existence in August 2012
- Designed to prevent sites with many copyright breach reports
- Launched in September 2012
- To prevent poor quality sites from ranking well simply because they had words that match search terms in their domain names.
- Exact match domains mean domains that match exactly for the search query. For example, if I sold blue widgets and owned the domain name www.bluewidgets.com, that would be an exact match domain.
- Launched on June 11, 2013
- Cleaning up search results for traditionally “spammy queries” such as [payday loan], pornographic, casinos and other heavily spammed queries.
- Google is using as of September 2013.
- In short the meaning of this algorithm is “Precise and Fast”
- Designed to better focus on the meaning behind the words.
- Launched in July 24, 2014
- To provide more useful, relevant and accurate local search results that are tied more closely to traditional web search ranking signals.
- It improves their distance and location ranking parameters.
Google Mobile Friendly
- Google is using as of April 21, 2015
- Designed to give a boost to mobile-friendly pages in Google’s mobile search results.
- Also called Mobilegeddon,
- Mobilepocalyse, Mopocalypse or Mobocalypse.
|2||Google Webmaster Integration|
|5||Check Page Load Speed|
|6||Title Tags for All Pages|
|7||Meta Tag Implementation for All Pages|
|9||Image Optimization / Alt Tag|
|11||Internal & External Links Implementation|
- Create an Article 350 words about your business / website / concept
- The article
- You are telling about the article
- Use 5W1H method
Tools / PlugIns
- Yoast SEO for WordPress websites
- MozBar from Moz – Google Chrome Add-on
- SEO Quake – Google Chrome Add-on
Off Page Optimization
- Page Authority
- Domain Authority
- Back links
- Link Building
- How strong are this page’s/site’s links in terms of helping them rank for queries in Search Engine.
- Page authority can be increased by the on page optimization.
- It measures of the power of domain name
- Considerable Factors
- Domain Age
- Domain Popularity
- Domain Size
- Range: 0-100
- Creating hyperlinks from one to another page.
- Why it is important?
- Promotion and Branding
- More Website Traffic
- Building Authority
- Conversion (sometimes)
- No-follow and do-follow
- Back links is the output of Link Building.
- Link Building is the process of building back links.
- Do not refer/link low quality pages/website
Link Building Methods
- Directory Submission
- Niche Directory Submission
- Video Submission
- Press Release Submission
- E-book / Document Sharing
- Social Bookmarking
- Blogging Directory Submission
Link Building Methods
- Social Media Presence
- Forum Posting
- Article Submission
- Question and Answer
- Image Submission
- Info-graphic Submission
- Business Reviews and Classified
Niche Directory Submission
- Submit your website, related to your business/concept.
- Find out list of niche directory website
Press Release Submission
Blogging Directory Submission
Social Media Presence
- topuniversities.com/student-forum (student Forum)
- developer.salesforce.com/forums (Sales Force Forum)
- politicalforum.com (Europe Politics Forum)
- seomastering.com/seo-forum (SEO Forum)
- Google review
SEO Web based Tools
- ahrefs.com (paid)
- seositecheckup.com (complete report of website)
- raventools.com (paid with 30 days free trail)
Use Link to find Link Juice:
- Classified Submission (Local Listing)
- Google Business / Places
- H Card