- Term: Affiliate means officially attached or connect
- Definition: It is a process by which one earn commission by promoting other company’s product/services.
3 A’s of Marketing
- A: Aim – Who do I want to target through my marketing campaign? (ask yourself) / Set Goal
- A: Act – You will work on set goal and plan and them into action.
- A: Access – You need to give time for accessing the aim and act. (Access before, during and after)
3 A’s of Affiliate Marketing
- A: Advertiser – Who wants to promote their product or services. (Makemytrip.com)
- A: Agency – By which medium the product or services will be promoted (cj.com)
- A: Affiliate – You or a person who will promote the product or services. (balendumohan.com)
Affiliate Marketing Core Functions
- Merchant: Retailer or Brand. Ex: makemytrip.com
- Network: Take care of payment, tracking and reporting. Ex. Cj.com, vcommission.com. It may independent (flipkart.com / hostgator.com / snapdeal.com)
- Publisher: An Affiliate (You)
- Customer: Who will buy the product
How people make $mn in AM?
- The Long Term View
- Choose less than 10 products and reduce as much as you can.
- Use SEO in your strategy to promote product
- Use Social Media Marketing
- Building Trust and confidence with email marketing
- Becoming an Expert
- Keep in mind a word “Niche”
- Use sometime PPC but not every time
Top 10 Affiliate Marketer – 10
This author, blogger and podcaster found his passion in internet marketing at an early age. His leadership qualities and business ethic are praised by everyone. He believes in transparent leadership and ethical business policies. Following these have surely marked him as a different marketer. Pat blog is : http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/.
This affiliate marketer teaches how to grow businesses and generate real income from them. Owner as well as the founder of Paramount Digital Publishing, he is by this time is a successful teacher of outsourcing and strategic team building.
This blogger and SEO has become one of the biggest names as a distributor across Europe. He has built, researched and worked on 40 websites in the recent past. He has won many awards for his contributions to the world of the internet marketing. His blog is
He is the President as well CEO of MoneyReign, Inc and owner of zacjohnson.com. His latest venture includes a personal blog that enlightens readers about the successes and failures of life. This internet marketer, blogger and affiliate marketer has made it by keeping it simple!
This speaker, entrepreneur and PPC affiliate marketing specialist has started way back in his high school days. He has printed his works in FeedFront and at this time is a successful author of a book called ‘Internet Marketing by the Real Experts.’ Moreover his
blog http://www.ianfernando.com/ is a massive hit as it focuses on advising budding entrepreneurs with the dos and don’ts.
This editor, affiliate marketer and blogger is the founder and associated with many organizations. Like he is the co-founder of Affiliate Summit, founder of GeekCast.fm and Co-Editor-in-Chief at the FeedFront Magazine. So there is no end to his skills and talent!
Winner of a4uAwards 2010 for her affiliate marketing skills this blogger cum digital marketer cum affiliate marketing queen is the founder and owner of affiliatestuff.co.uk. She has made it big by putting white hat based SEO techniques into play.
Is a marketing guru who owns Affiliorama and has launched AffilioBlueprint which is a 12 week training course. He is a master of personality development, internet marketing, affiliate marketing and also product development.
She is an affiliate marketer who happens to be a blogger, speaker, auditor and writer all at the same time. She is the owner of Sugaree, co-owner of Pushfire and now also its CEO is an expert of viral marketing, an adept SEO and has tons of marketing strategies up her sleeve that see her through this competitive market.
He is the owner of johnchow.com and also is the founder of TTZ Media, Inc. It is reported that his blog receives 200,000 readers and followers on a daily basis. These days he is a famous speaker, blogger and of course a writer who has appeared on numerous television and radio shows for his skills.
Affiliate Marketing History
- Year 1989: Implemented and Patented by William J. Tobin. Setup 1st affiliate program for his company PC Flowers and Gifts.
- Year 1996: Amazon launched Associate Program
- Year 1998: Launched first affiliate networks Commission Junction and Clickbank
- Year 2000: US Federal Trade Commission published guidelines for this sector.
Changes in AM Industry over the Year
- Started from a small concept to giving commission
- Amazon associates created a group of affiliates
- Worked for e-commerce products
- Started for Services
- Enhanced Focused on Niche Marketing
- Integrating Mobile with Affiliate Marketing
- Using Big Data for Analytics
Affiliate Marketing Scenario in India
- Application from India get rejected easily
- Most common fraud is using fake credit card, generating fake leads etc.
- Only 3% affiliate get approves
- More than 80% affiliate banned after some time because of wrong ways to do affiliate marketing.
- Indian market has less competition
Become a Super Affiliate
- Competitive Advantages
- This industry having also ups and downs but you should be stable.
- How much you are earning in end of the year, it matters not even how much more you have earned in short span of time
- Ex: Rs. 150/day across the year and Rs. 1000/day in a month so 150*365= 54,750 and 1000*30= Rs. 30,000
- Creativity (Writing and Designing Skills)
- Good command over Split testing
- Know where to find good offers
- Expert in Bidding
- Relationships (with affiliate manager and advertisers)
- Optimization Process
- Operational Effectiveness
- Your Network
Different Ways to do Affiliate Marketing
- Offers / Coupons
- Product Reviews / Comments
- Banner Ads
- Email Marketing
- Product Feed
- Online Advertisement
- Link Cloud / Blogroll / Partner Centre
How people are making money
Get Started as an affiliate
How it works
Affiliate Marketing Campaigns
- CPC – Cost Per Click
- CPL – Cost Per Lead (Signup, Installation, Downloads, Facebook Objectives/Likes)
- CPS – Cost Per Sale
- CPT – Cost Per Transaction
- Hybrid – CPL + CPS
- CPPC/PPC – Pay Per Click
- CPA (Cost per Action)
How to decide on CPL and CPS
- Industry Scenario
- What competitors are paying?
- Number of fields in web form
- Which page submit is it?
- Brand Awareness
- Your CPL and CPS with conversion rates
- Industry Types
- Niche or Masses
Major Affiliate Terminologies
- Affiliate / Publisher • URL tagging
- Merchant / Advertiser
- Deep Link
- Affiliate ID
Who is Advertiser?
- An advertiser is the one who pays the money to get his advertisements shown
- Advertiser is also known as a retailer or merchant
- The ones who used Google AdWords is an advertiser always
- An advertiser owns or controls the actual product or service that is being advertised because as he is the one who commands the product advertising
Become an Advertiser
Step 1: Set Goal, Choose verticals, Promotional methods
Step 2: Make your own Network (Social Media, Website or Email Groups), Optimise your groups, Create Ads professionally and linked properly
Step 3: Focus on your promotional strategy, and optimization process.
Add on: If you have a team to do it.
Who is Publisher?
- A publisher is the one who gets money for showing the ads on his site
- Publisher can be an affiliate or reseller or basically a site promoting businesses
- The ones who signs up in AdSense is called as publishers where they get paid for running ads
- The publisher advertises the actual product or service and drives the user to the advertiser page to fill out the form or make a purchase or read more details on the product.
Become a Publisher or Affiliate
Step 1: Register on Networks or Merchants
Step 2: Select Category of Product(s)
Step 3: Get link(s) / deep link of the product
Step 4: Place / Share link in your or other networks
(website, email marketing, social media)
Step 5: Compare your expenses with net profit. Analyse reports and optimise your process.
Getting Started as a CJ Affiliate Publisher
- Deep linking is linking to the specific interior page or product on a Merchant’s site that your visitor is interested in (as opposed to just linking to the home page of the Merchant).
- It includes product page information as well as affiliate ID.
- Let’s explore
Affiliate – Merchants – Online Shopping
Major Indian Affiliate Networks
Major International Affiliate Networks
Affiliate – Network List
Cj Deep link generator: Use bookmark from http://www.cj.com/publisher/deep-link-generator and get reference https://youtu.be/qoJ6WivUPEM